Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hyewon's View

Hyewon is my dad's friend's daughter. I met her while my dad volunteered to tour their family to a few spots around the Philippines. She is studying in UP college of music, majoring in Piano. She's spunky and frank about everything and it's just fun to have her around. 

So I emailed her a couple of questions to answer so here they are.
(I didn't edit the way she typed it to help keep the "korean essence" in the answers.)

- Adam Teh



1.       So how long have you been here in the tropical islands of the Philippines? 3years 
         How’s your stay so far? I'm really enjoying to stay in the Philippines mostly I like weather. 
 
2.       What do you think about the traffic? Because seriously for me it’s crazy.
         Yea manila Traffic is not fun! well I don't like bus and MMDA (^^)
          Bus makes traffic worse. Also OLD CAR add it more.  

3.       Have you tried some of our local delicacies? Adobo? Sinigang perhaps? What do you think about it?
         I'm really enjoying most of Philippines taste. (not Balot etc.) my filipino friend told me that I'm cow girl(you know what you mean)
         I like monggo, adobo, sinigang, laing, gising gising(I'm not sure the spelling), all Innasal etc. 
         Philippines cuisine is very simple taste so it's very friendly to the foreigners. 

4.       What about our famous Balot? And the like? 
         well I don't have chance to taste Balot. But If I have to taste it, I don't want to try it. 

5.       Any funny experiences you want to share with us? 
         I lost  way I asked police man and others . They were really nice and kind but they don't know exact direction.
so I walk long time but I found out the place which I should go is only one block away from where I lost. 

6.       From the places you’ve visited here which one’s your favorite?
        My favorite place is Bohol and Cebu. nice weather and nice beach.


7.       Any Filipino words you know or use a lot?
         well unfortunately I haven't chance to learn Tagalog( I'm lazy) I only know  survival words which is kanan, kaliwa, mahal, sige, etc. 

8.       Since you’re really good with the piano, what do you think about the Filipinos who crave for the rising Korean Pop Industry?
         I don't know why Filipinos are crazy about Korean Pop. I think Filipinos are more talented then Korean singers. 
         But I realize that organizing and managing part need more progress. The population of Philippines are much higher than S.Korea,. It means that Philippines has potential for  big local Pop industry. we need creative musician  and music copyright should be protected by law. 
       
9.       I’m sure you have other Korean friends here in the Philippines. Have they shared with you some experiences with Filipinos?
        Yes we are sharing information and experiences for convenient reason. How to be a friend with Filipinos, and what subject should we avoid when we talk with Filipinos etc.

10.   Wow, Thanks for your time! Any last words for our group and our professor? :)    
 Well, I hope my answer make you satisfied. If not just let me know so I will try to give good answer
     Thank you. 
Hyewon 

No comments:

Post a Comment